May 16th, '14, 13:33

Re: Teaware 'on display' with frequent use

by Fabien » May 16th, '14, 13:33

Nothing fancy here, just a place in the bookshelves for the pots. What becomes harder to store are the jars-jarlets-tea caddies that I bought a large number of lately.
DSC_0174 modif.jpg
DSC_0174 modif.jpg (48.56 KiB) Viewed 497 times

May 17th, '14, 09:18

Re: Teaware 'on display' with frequent use

by hopeofdawn » May 17th, '14, 09:18

JRS22 wrote:
Noonie wrote:Was wondering how people carry their pot/cup, etc., from such a shelf over to where you're going to be using it in a tea session? I was thinking of getting a tray that is solid, somewhat non-slip, and that has handles on the sides. I would keep this with the other tea ware and load it up as necessary.

They sell basic kitchen/food trays everywhere, but I was wondering if you've come across some that are 'more interesting'...
I have a Seong-il ceramic tea tray that I use for carrying and brewing. The sides are higher than the 'work surface', forming a rim, so nothing can slide off. Then there are holes in the surface for water to pass through and collect in the base. While it's heavier than the bamboo tray that I used previously it won't warp.
I have a lovely rosewood Chinese tea tray (with the plastic catch basin underneath) that I often use to carry things back and forth, but it's pretty big for one person. I also have a large ceramic platter I found at a local art fair--I'm pretty sure it wasn't intended as a tea tray, but it works beautifully as one anyway. :)

+ Post Reply